When your morning meal turns into a Fairtrade breakfast bowl it looks kind of like this.
Whip up this chocolatey Fairtrade Espresso Cacao Smoothie Bowl in 5 minutes – a brilliant way to kickstart your morning with energy, flavour, and a caffeine kick. This recipe is great for gluten-free, vegan, guilt-free pleasure.
And if you want to make it peanut-free, swap out the peanut butter for your favourite seed butter or a sweeter touch of maple syrup.
For the smoothie:
- 2 frozen Fairtrade bananas
- 1/3 cup of plant milk
- 2 tablespoons of peanut or seed butter
- 2 tablespoons of Camino’s Fairtrade cocoa powder
For the toppings:
- 4 squares of Galerie au Chocolat’s Fairtrade – Dark Chocolate Bold Espresso
- Half a Fairtrade banana sliced
- Sliced almonds
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Combine frozen bananas, milk, nut/seed butter, cocoa powder in a blender and mix until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add the toppings of your choice.
- Complete your Fairtrade breakfast bowl with a hot cup of Van Houtte Fairtrade coffee.